The weekend I didn’t blog

This past weekend is the type of weekend I love and hate at the same time. I love it because I actually enjoy what I’m doing but I hate it because I am tired. I slept a lot this weekend but I still feel like I want to sleep for a month straight.

Friday we left for our district meet in Rhode Island. I didn’t think this was such an obscure place to go until people kept asking me why I was in Rhode Island. The general population seemed less puzzled and shocked that time I went to Nebraska, which I don’t recommend.

I woke up in a panic at 7:30am thinking I was going to be late to the school because I thought we were leaving at 7:40. That was last week though. Thankfully, I only freaked out for 5 minutes before realizing this.
We left at 8:30–I slept most of the way which was awesome. When we arrived we ran the course, went to chilis, had a meeting, then I read and watched lectures for my classes because I am that boring. I also fell asleep reading. Saturday I woke up and cooked oatmeal in my room, put on several layers, and cringed when putting my shoes on because my feet were and are still destroyed from last weekend. I’ve been wearing moccasins all week with the exception of several brief, painful runs I’ve attempted. It was raining and cold. I watched everyone race, ran around the meet with my heel and toe throbbing in my shoes, and watched the whole team get medals. Then we left to come back to New Jersey. A lot happened in Rhode Island but I don’t feel the need to write a book– if you are now interested in Rhode Island take a trip there and experience it for yourself. It is believed that I slept most of the way home but that is debatable. When I got home I remember eating breakfast for dinner and falling asleep on the couch with Phil watching a documentary about prison. Crime and prison documentaries are my favorite. They fascinate me. They sometimes also frighten me and give me nightmares but that didn’t happen on Saturday night.

Sunday I woke up to get ready for the bridge run. I don’t know when I woke up because the whole time change thing has me confused. It’s going to take a week or two for me to adjust. I ran the race (recap to come), went to breakfast with Phil and had breakfast for breakfast, and spent the rest of the day doing homework and sleeping.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s