I’ve already recapped my marathon experience in great detail, but there were a lot of things I saw during the race that I didn’t mention in the original post. So, here is a list of 26 things I saw during the marathon in no particular order:
- A girl running in spandex shorts and a sports bra
- A sign saying you are almost done! (there were 13 miles to go)
- A coffee shop called Saxbys. I could smell the coffee and I really wanted to stop and have some.
- Another girl running in a sports bra
- The zoo
- The leaf that got stuck on my eye
- Time standing still each time the wind blew
- The 30K mark
- Lyndsey as I was leaving Manayunk
- Lyndsey’s dad and boyfriend
- People giving out beer
- People giving out orange slices
- People sitting on their front steps in pajamas and blankets while I was freezing
- People finishing the race when I still had miles to go
- Mile 22 where I thought the race should end or begin to feel easier
- People heading to Manayunk while I was heading to the finish! It was so much nicer being on that side of the road
- The distance on my watch being 1K behind the whole time
- Lots of funny political signs
- People cheering because of my patriotic shirt!
- A photographer (I know that picture is going to be horrendous)
- Cups on the ground at the water stops. I thought about how much money the city of Philadelphia could fine the participants of the race if it were considered littering to throw cups on the ground during a race
- Mile 24
- People picking up the pace while I was slowing down
- Leaves blowing all over the place
- Lots of spectators cheering as people finished
- Finally, the finish line and lots of dazed and confused finishers
5 thoughts on “26 things I saw during the Philadelphia Marathon”
This list is great! I’m still trying to write my own recap so writing a list is a good way for me to sort through all my thoughts. – @MalindaAnnHill
LikeLiked by 1 person
A leaf blew in my face this morning on my run and I immediately thought of your recap and that tidbit of information ;). I bet there were tons of political signs with this being so soon after the election!
LikeLiked by 1 person
A lot of the political signs were hilarious! I got a good laugh before I got tired
Have you been to Saxbys before? They have a few locations including one in Haddonfield. It’s pretty good coffee. Running in a sports bra and spandex in that weather is mind boggling.
I’ve never been to Saxbys but the coffee smelled delicious!